CAMP BANGIN’ & SANGIN’! WITH BILLY JONAS
EXPANDED for 2023, including ADULTS, TEENS, and YOUTH
Camp Bangin' & Sangin’! (CB&S!) is a music, songwriting, and creativity camp, for adults and young folks. While our inaugural year only included ages 6-12, we have expanded for 2023 to 6 sessions, each a week long (see below).
10% discount for registrations of more than one camper, or for more than one week.
Limited scholarships available. Contact office@BillyJonas.com for info.
ALL CAMPS THIS SUMMER ARE DAY CAMPS, MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 9am TO 3pm.
Registration is open.
WAITING LIST: If a camp week you want is full, please email office@BillyJonas.com to join the waiting list.
- June 5-9th, adults 18+ (NEW)
- June 12-16th, teens 12-18 (NEW)
- June 19-23rd, youth 9-12
- July 10-14th, kids 6-8* (THEME: "Music and Magical Creatures")
- July 17-21st, kids 6-8* (THEME: "Music and Nature Exploration")
- July 24-28th, kids 6-8* (THEME: "Music and Time Travel")
Odyssey Community School
90 Zillicoa St.
Asheville NC 28801
- - -
MISSION: In the interest of connection, bridging divides, and putting more love in the world through music, CB&S! seeks to honor and nurture the creativity of every participant, regardless of previous skill, ability, or talent. Everyone is encouraged to make instruments, create songs, and sing/vocalize daily. Participants should plan to attend the entire session, as our work each week will be cumulative, culminating in a group concert.
- Singing (learning songs, group singing, and vocal technique)
- Body percussion (fundamentals of rhythm)
- Songwriting (creating, editing, rewriting, refining, rehearsing)
- Performing (learn how to be comfortable on stage)
- Improvisation (making it up as you go)
- Homemade instrument making (from found, recyclable, and craft objects)
- Ensemble playing (duos, trios, full band)
- Games (music and rhythm games, plus more)
- Community Service (bringing music to a retirement home, or hospital)
- Swimming (M-Th, weather permitting!)
Questions? Email office@BillyJonas.com, or call 828-232-9962 (landline, no texts please).
Adult campers: you'll receive a special materials list, separately.
Teen, youth, and kid campers should bring:
- Swim stuff: towel, sunscreen, suit, goggles
- Lunch and snack, with cold-pak
- Water bottle
- Recyclable materials — WASHED — for instrument making, including
- 2 boxes (one shoe box or cereal box, & one slightly larger)
- 3 or more clean metal soup cans (any size)
- 3 or more clean plastic containers like milk jugs etc
- any inspiring recyclable/found items to incorporate into a musical instrument or sculpture.
- - -
You can request a full refund until May 1st, or a 50% refund until June 1st. No refunds after June 1st (fees from cancelled registrations after June 1st will be donated to the scholarship fund, or go to operating expenses).